3 Days/2 nights safari to Mikumi national park northern border of Africa’s biggest game reserve:
is transected by the surfaced road between Dar es Salaam and Iringa.
It is thus the most accessible part of a 75,000 square kilometre (47,000 square mile) tract of wilderness that stretches east almost as far as the Indian Ocean.
The open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain, the popular centrepiece of Mikumi, draw frequent comparisons to the more famous Serengeti Plains.
Day 1: Dar es Salaam - Mikumi National Park
Depart from Dar es Salaam early in the morning for Mikumi National Park. This will be a five hours drive with a stop over for lunch. On arrival immediate transfer to the park for the late afternoon game drive. Overnight at lodge, for Dinner. *Pickup point can also be Iringa town.
Day 2: Mikumi National Park
Morning and afternoon game drives to various areas of Mikumi including Mkata, Chamgore (place of the python), and Mkata Food Plain within Mikumi National Park. Dinner and overnight Tanswiss Hotel & Restaurant or similar.
Day 3: Mikumi National Park - Dar es Salaam
Morning game drive lunch at the hotel then by 14:00 hrs start the journey back to Dar es Salaam.
Prices start from 400 USD per person sharing
- Budget camping option also available
- Safari days can be extended or reduced depending on your requirements
- Pickup and drop off on day 1 and 3
- Accommodation on sharing basis
- Three meals a day
- English speaking driver/guide
- 4 WD safari vehicle for exclusive use
- Park and concession fees
- Unlimited game drives
- All International flights and taxes
- Gratuity for Porters, waiters and Driver guide
- Drinks (Premium wines, beer, Champagne, Soft drinks, Juices)
- Any item of personal nature